Dr. Suzuki Quote:
“Only practice on the days you eat”.
Mastery of a musical instrument requires consistent practice over many years. Students learn best when they have lessons with a qualified instructor weekly, and practice every day. Students will automatically enjoy their lessons when they have practiced and are ready for their lesson.
Families need a consistent practice time each day. (the child should be able to answer their teacher’s question … When do you practice, and where do you practice.
Please set up a practice area for your child.
How to set up a practice area:
- Good Lighting
- Separate area
- Clock (put where you can see it as you practice)
- Solid music stand (Massanet)
- CD Player
- Good hand held metronome. (Seiko model SQSOV)
- Lessons book and bag
- Small table to set their violin case on
- Piano students need a proper instrument * see piano